New Regulations came into force on 20 April 2020 which allow for the extension of test due dates on Commercial Vehicles for three months in certain circumstances. The purpose of these regulations is to cater for commercial vehicle owners who have not been in a position to present their vehicles for a CVR Test since 28 March 2020 due to COVID 19.
In summary the regulations allow for the test due date on vehicles due a CVR Test on or after 28th March 2020 to be pushed forward by three months.
Vehicles coming within scope of these regulations include the following:
- Any vehicle with a valid certificate of roadworthiness (CRW) on 28 March 2020 (i.e. test due date on or after 28 March 2020), will have its test due date pushed forward by 3 months.
- Any commercial vehicle with a first test due date falling during the period beginning on 28 March 2020 and ending on 30 June 2020, will have its test due date pushed forward by 3 months.
The regulations reset the test due date for those vehicles with a test due date on or after 28 March 2020 and this new date will then be the test due date for the future e.g. if a vehicle had a test due date of 1 April 2020, this will be extended to 1 July 2020 and if tested on time, its next test due date will be 1 July 2021 (assuming it usually gets a 12 month CRW).
The regulations do not allow for vehicles whose most recent CRW had expired before the 28 March 2020 or if a vehicle has its first test due date after 30 June 2020, so these vehicles will not be eligible for the extension.
*** In light of the latest level 5 restrictions in place since midnight 21/10/2020 there will be NO further extensions on CVR test due dates. The 3 month extension introduced on 20 April 2020 still applies. CVR test centres have been deemed an essential service, therefore Automotive Services LTD will remain open during the latest level 5 restrictions. In addition to this, a journey to present your vehicle for a CVRT, vehicle repairs or/and tachograph calibration has been deemed an essential journey.
The health and safety of both our customers and staff is paramount. Therefore the following rules must be adhered to when arriving to our premises:
- A face mask MUST be worn while on the premises
- We ask that only one person per vehicle arrives for a test
- Please sanitize your hands when entering, there is hand sanitizer available at the entrance
- Pay by card if possible
- Respect social distancing while on our premises
- After your vehicle is checked in we will ask you to wait in your vehicle until the test is ready to commence. During the test, customers can wait in our newly built sheltered waiting area outside until the test is finished.
If you have any queries regarding your test, or wish to book into our CVRT centre or workshop don’t hesitate to contact us on 01-6120922, or email us on email@example.com.